An Introduction to Roofing Systems
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to roofing systems. It provides guidance on how to specify roofing systems used on commercial, industrial, institutional and residential buildings. It describes the different types of roofing systems for steep- and low-slope roofs, considerations when selecting a system, re-roofing and re-covering issues, and design considerations. It explains how to incorporate appropriate engineering details into working drawings on a wide variety of projects. It also presents important maintenance considerations.
This 4 PDH online course is intended for engineers and construction professionals who are seeking an understanding of the basic types of roofing systems that can be used on commercial, industrial, institutional and residential building projects.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the different roofing systems that can be used on steep-slope roofs.
- Understanding the different roofing systems that can be used on low-slope roofs.
- Selecting roofing systems based on use criteria.
- Evaluating environmental considerations when specifying roofing systems.
- Learning typical design details used with different roofing systems.
- Knowing how different roofing systems perform when exposed to wind and traffic wear conditions.
- Understanding the fire resistance characteristics of different roofing systems.
- Learning about the loads different roofing systems impose on a building structure.
- Integrating thermal insulation with the roofing system.
- Learning about vapor barriers and retarders and when they are used.
In this professional enineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Roofing Systems".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.