An Introduction to Petroleum Fuel Facilities: Bulk Fuel Storage
This online engineering PDH course provides guidance for the design of bulk fuel storage facilities, including bulk storage tanks and those components normally located within a typical bulk storage compound. These components include pipeline receiving facilities, tank truck and tank car receiving facilities, pipeline dispensing (pumping) facilities, tank truck and tank car loading facilities, and all related piping and equipment.
Petroleum Bulk Storage facilities are a single property or contiguous or adjacent properties used for handling fuel transfer operations. They are designed to receive, store and issue bulk petroleum fuels, such as diesel and jet fuels.
This 4 PDH online course is intended for mechanical and petroleum engineers, and other design and construction professionals seeking an introduction to bulk fuel storage facilities.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about the features of bulk fuel receiving facilities
- Understanding the important considerations for fuel dispensing
- Learning about the different valves employed in fuel piping systems
- Learning about tank truck and tank car off-loading facilities
- Learning about packaged off-loading systems
- Learning how to design fuel dispensing facilities
- Learning about proper pump and strainer selection
- Learning about check valve applications
- Knowing where isolation valves are required
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, "An Introduction to Petroleum Fuel Facilities: Bulk Fuel Storage".
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of twenty five (25) questions to earn 4 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.