An Introduction to Oily Wastewater Collection and Treatment
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to the collection, treatment and distribution of oily wastewater so it will be suitable for discharge to a publically owned treatment works or waterway.
Oily wastewater typically is found aboard ships, and at seaports, airports, fuel farms, and industrial facilities. Section 311(b)(3) of the FWPCA prohibits the discharge of oil in harmful quantities into or upon the navigable waters of the
This 6 PDH online course is intended for civil, environmental and mechanical engineers, and other design and construction professionals seeking an introduction to methods for collection and treatment of oily wastewater generated at facilities such as seaports, airports, fuel storage facilities, and various industrial sites.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about oily wastewater collection and treatment aboard ships and at seaports
- Learning about typical oily wastewater effluent characteristics
- Learning about the methods of point source control
- Learning how to dispose of oily waste and sludge resulting from collection and treatment
- Learning how to estimate oily wastewater quantities generated at seaports
- Learning about shoreside collection systems
- Learning about chemical treatment systems and methods
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Oily Wastewater Collection and Treatment".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.