An Introduction to Natural Ventilation for Buildings
This online engineering PDH course introduces the technology, systems and design practices for natural ventilation of buildings. Conflicts between differing guidelines will arise in some cases. Resolution of these conflicts is left to the designer's discretion, since each must be handled on a case-by-case basis. Comfort, life-cycle costs, maintenance concerns and functional efficiency should be the primary criteria for such decisions, and designers should draw on their previous experience as well as on the guidelines presented here. In most cases, there are several alternative approaches to achieving a desired effect.
This 3 PDH online course is intended for mechanical engineers, architects and other design and construction professionals seeking an introduction to the principles of natural ventilation in buildings.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about the effect of topographic features
- Applying a structured approach to natural ventilation design and analysis
- Learning how urban winds are affected by various obstructions
- Understanding how changes in the direction and velocity of airflow are generated
- Learning about thermal considerations in natural ventilation
- Learning about the reflectance values of various groundcovers
- Understanding how the building form influences natural ventilation
- Learning how to resolve conflicts between thermal and natural ventilation considerations
- Understanding the effect of roof overhangs on room ventilation
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Natural Ventilation for Buildings".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.