An Introduction to Interior Electrical Distribution Systems
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to interior circuitry and electrical equipment found in buildings and related infrastructure. Topics covered include transformers, service entrances, switchgear, switchboards, panelboards, motor controls and motor control centers.
This 3 PDH online course is intended for electrical engineers and other design and construction professionals seeking an introduction to the design of interior electrical distribution systems for buildings and related infrastructure.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning how to select and specify transformers
- Learning about service entrance requirements, switchgear and switchboards
- Understanding the basic considerations when employing panel boards
- Learning about the requirements for motor control centers
- Understanding the fundamentals of motor controls and motor control circuits
- Learning how and when to employ surge protection devices
- Learning how to design for facilities requiring cascaded suppression system protection
- Learning about raceways and wiring devices
- Learning about emergency engine generator sets
- Learning about automatic transfer equipment
- Learning how to employ stationary batteries and battery chargers
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Interior Electrical Distribution Systems".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.