An Introduction to Flexible Pavement Design
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to flexible pavement design. It is a basic treatment that will introduce designers to some important principles and terminology. In simple applications on real projects the information provided will give designers a good start in addressing subgrades, select materials and subbase courses, base courses and pavement design for flexible pavements for streets, roads and parking lots.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for engineers, architects and construction professionals who are interested in gaining a better understanding of flexible pavement design for streets, roads and parking areas. The course presents the basic terminology and technical considerations needed to help designers address flexible pavement design issues on specific projects.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn how to evaluate site and soil conditions.
- Learn about the California Bearing Ratio (CBR) and how it is used in pavement design.
- Learn how to evaluate traffic conditions and determine the Design Index.
- Learn how to design flexible pavement subgrades.
- Learn how to design flexible pavement select materials and subbase courses.
- Learn how to design flexible pavement base courses.
- Learn the design procedure for flexible pavement design.
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled: "An Introduction to Flexible Pavement Design".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.