An Introduction to Exterior Mechanical Utility Distribution
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to exterior above ground and underground distribution of mechanical utility media such as high temperature water, steam, condensate, chilled water, compressed air, fuel gas and condenser water.
This 4 PDH online course is intended for mechanical and civil engineers and other design and construction professionals seeking an introduction to the technologies, equipment and construction practices for exterior distribution of mechanical utilities.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about the recommended subsurface explorations
- Learning about the location factors to consider in system design
- Understanding the importance of soil classification criteria
- Learning how to perform soil permeability tests
- Understanding the significance of soil resistivity testing in cathodic protection
- Performing site classification analysis for a shallow concrete trench system
- Learning about design in swelling soils
- Knowing when under-trench drainage systems are required
- Familiarizing with the application parameters for thermosetting resin plastic pipe (RTRP)
- Learning about the recommended velocity limitations for different media
- Learning how to design for tunnel and overhead distributions
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Exterior Mechanical Utility Distribution".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.