An Introduction to Domestic Water Treatment
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to domestic water treatment. It includes basic information on most of the common water treatment processes for treating domestic water supplies to meet regulatory and best practices requirements.
Treatment consists of adding and/or removing substances from water so as to bring about a desired change in quality. In general, treatment is provided to protect public health or to improve the acceptability (aesthetic quality) of the finished product.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for civil and environmental engineers and other design and construction professionals seeking an introduction to domestic water treatment.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about the methods of water treatment at the source
- Learning about coagulation and flocculation treatment
- Understanding the fundamentals of sedimentation basins and clarifiers
- Learning about disinfection issues
- Understanding the importance of corrosion and scaling control
- Knowing how to control iron and manganese
- Learning about ion exchange processes
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Domestic Water Treatment".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.