An Introduction to Controls for Steam Power Plants
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to controls and control systems for steam power plants. Devices and systems discussed include safety devices and interlocks, control loops, flowmeters, pressure gauges, temperature sensors, transmitters, recorders, controllers, operators, and positioners.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for mechanical engineers and other design and construction professionals wanting an introduction to the technologies, equipment and construction practices for steam boiler plant controls.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about the different types of controls and control systems
- Learning about safety devices and interlocks
- Understanding the fundamentals of control loops
- Learning about flowmeter applications
- Knowing how to employ pressure gauges and temperature sensors
- Learning about transmitters and recorders
- Learning about operators
- Understanding the fundamentals of controllers
- Learning about the important featuresaof control room layout
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Controls for Steam Power Plants".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.