An Introduction to Air Traffic Control Facilities
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to the planning and design of air traffic control facilities for commercial, private and government airports and airfields. Building-types discussed are the Terminal Radar Approach Control Facility, Area Control and Surveillance Facility, Joint Control Facility, Air Traffic Control Tower and Air Traffic Control Tower Base Building.
Air traffic control is a service provided by ground-based controllers who direct aircraft on the ground and through controlled airspace, and can provide advisory services to aircraft in non-controlled airspace. The primary purpose of ATC worldwide is to prevent collisions, organize and expedite the flow of traffic, and provide information and other support for pilots.
This 3 PDH online course is intended for civil engineers, architectural engineers, structural engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers and construction managers engaged in planning, design and construction of air traffic control facilities.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the guidelines for floor area, space configuration and utilization, air conditioning load and electrical power requirements for typical:
- Terminal Radar Approach Control Facility (TRACON) buildings
- Area Control And Surveillance Facility (ACSFAC) buildings
- Joint Control Facility (JCF) buildings
- Air Traffic Control Towers and their Base buildings
- Learning about the special architectural configuration and finish requirements for the various facilities
- Learning about the security requirements for airport and airfield facilities
- Knowing when and where uninterruptible power supplies are needed
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, "An Introduction to Air Traffic Control Facilities".
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 3 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.