An Introduction to Advanced Wastewater Treatment
This online engineering PDH course will introduce you to advanced wastewater treatment processes that provide higher quality wastewater discharge than achievable with primary and secondary treatment alone. You will learn about polishing ponds, post-aeration, microstraining, filtration, activated carbon adsorption, phosphorous removal, land application systems, nitrification, denitrification, three-stage biological systems, and anaerobic contact processes.
This 4 PDH online course is intended for civil, environmental and chemical engineers as well as construction professionals seeking an introduction to advanced wastewater treatment.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about the sequence of wastewater treatment processes
- Learning typical application data for advanced wastewater treatment operations and processes
- Learning about polishing ponds
- Learning about post-aeration
- Learning about the microstraining process
- Learning the design factors to be used when using microstrainers
- Learning about hydraulic control of microscreening units
- Learning about the basic design parameters for filtration processes
- Learning about filtration media sizes and filtration rates
- Learning about multi-media filtration
- Learning about activated carbon adsorption
- Learning about pulsed bed activated carbon adsorption systems
- Learning about activated carbon quantities and adsorption capacity
- Learning acceptable hydraulic loadings for activated carbon adsorption processes
- Learning the chemical bases for phosphorus removal
- Learning about phosphorus removal by mineral addition using aluminum
- Learning about phosphorus removal by mineral addition using iron
- Learning about phosphorus removal using lime treatment
- Learning about land application systems
- Learning about nitrification and denitrification processes
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Advanced Wastewater Treatment".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.